Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Week of Crazy


This past week has been "Crazy Week" at La Aljaba. The children have enjoyed their first of 4 weeks out of school by having lots of fun here. On Friday of the week we enjoyed 'water day'. I took pictures of the games and relays that were going on in each of the groups, and then came inside to work. After a while, I heard children calling my name. Being the suspicious person that I am, I took Lucy's phone with me for protection. I walked out and found all of the kids laughing and soaking wet. I laughed as well, until someone grabbed Lucy's phone and I was hit with 3 buckets of water at the same time. The water was so cold, but I could do nothing but laugh! Everyone else was already wet, so there was nothing I could do to retaliate. I was hit by at least 4 more buckets before the end of the fun. It seems that everyone wanted a shot at this gringo.

The week ended with a Family Day. It was truly a great thing to meet some of the parents of the kids we serve. People were entertained by the tutors who "dressed up" for the occasion. Families were also encouraged to dress up and have their family picture made.

At the end of family day most all of the children went home with their parents for the remainder of school break, I already miss having them around. My days are not quite as bright without their smiling faces. There are still a few bright and shiny faces around. Kimberly, Damisela, Deanna, Jeison, Marlon, and Valentina are keeping my days happy until the middle of July!

1 comment:

  1. How much fun!! I got to see a few pics that Arles & Kimberly posted on Facebook for the "water festivities"! I'm so glad you are having so much fun. Please give Kimberly, Damisela, Deanna, and Ventina a BIG HUGE hug from me!

    God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete