Wednesday, July 25, 2012

To make you laugh!

I thank you all for your prayers for me, specifically for the prayers for me to pick up the language more rapidly. I am coming along in it day by day.  I do have to share a couple of stories with you.  The people down here are still laughing at me.

The other night I was taking prayer requests from the teens here and Marlon asked for prayer for karate.  At least that is what I thought he said.  I responded that I didn't know he was interested in that, I could arrange that for him.  I got excited because this was new for me in that I had NO CLUE he was interested and it was something so simple that I could help set up.  He said no and repeated the word.  I agreed, saying I understood what he was saying.  Someone else repeated the word and I again assured them that I knew what he was saying.  I began to tell him how I could make it happen.  He finally laughed and smacked his head with his hand.  They finally helped me to understand that he was not saying karate, but "caracter" which sounds JUST LIKE karate.  He was asking for God to change his character not to participate in karate.  I was blown away and laughing all at the same time. 

Next, I was in church and the preacher repeatedly asked the people to repeat what he was saying.  I understood what he was saying but it takes a little more thought for me to be able to repeat it back with the right words, so I looked at the person beside me and said también and every time he asked us to repeat, I said también,   Which means also or me too.  The person beside me got so tickled, I thought she was going to pee in her pants.  So now whenever I don't understand what someone is saying, I say it again and they just end up laughing at me.  Everyday is an adventure in laughter and fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment