Monday, August 6, 2012

The Dry Season has Begun!

Mucho Sol!  Mucho Calor!
We have been having many days of a lot of bright sunlight and no clouds.  Everything seems dry and the only moisture I have seen is the sweat running down my back!  But God never promised me it would be cool and breezy!

While it has been hot here, things are great! This past week we have had a team visiting from Memphis, TN.  Bellevue Baptist Church sent a wonderful group of people and they got to share Love of Christ with all of us.  Part of the team built a covering for the patio to hang clothes out to dry and the rest of the group lead VBS types of activities in the house.  It was great fun getting to know these brothers and sisters in Christ.

On one of the days of their visit all of us went to a place on the Amazon River called Monkey Island.   For those of you who have never been, it is a place where Spider Monkey live in the wild and you go and feed them bananas.  They jump all over you as you feed them.  It is great fun and something you don't get to do everyday.   This particular trip to Monkey Island was different for me.  It was the first time I had a bunch of them jump on me when I didn't even have a banana in my hands and it was the first time I have been bitten by one of the monkeys.  Several times a couple of monkeys fought over a banana in my hand and on one of those time my finger got in the way.  Another time, I was scratched on the forearm.  It was not bad though, all of the wounds heal quickly.  I do have a strong urge for bananas though.  LOL

1 comment: