Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sorry so long...

I had not meant for it to be so long before you saw another post from me, but, you know things happen!
My computer was broken.  One of the boys hopped up in my lap to hug me and my computer went crashing to the floor.  So I am using Lucy´s.  Shhhh, don´t tell her.  No she has been wonderful at sharing hers with me until, I have my situation resolved. 

Well, you read this, hopefully, to find out what God is doing here in Leticia, so I will try and sum up the past 2 and a half weeks for you.

WOW! and WOW again!

Things have been moving quickly here, yet I have only been in Leticia 3 weeks today.  Seems like longer doesn´t it.  I have fallen completely in love with ALL of the children and my heart aches for their city.  I see God at work here in so many ways.  I know that there is spiritual warfare going on everywhere, but perhaps I see it more here because I am focused on it more, but there is an intense battle for these children and for this city.

There has been a conference on sexual abuse going on over these couple of weeks and I have learned how many parents will sell their daughters for money or material things.  It sickens my stomach and breaks my heart to learn about this cultural practice that comes out of the fear of poverty.  One of the young men who have been at La Aljaga had a younger sister that was sold permanently to an older man as his wife.   I am thankful that La Aljaba exists as a safe harbor. 

There is a good deal of mythological beliefs and demon worship that seems to be present.  I have never been aware of it before, but God has opened my eyes to it.  My prayer is for this city to not be drawn into this darkness. 

I have been attending a church that is really a new congregation, but it is growing quickly.  Pastor Julio is a wonderful man of God who is seeking to bring the Kingdom of Heaven to Leticia.  He works tirelessly and joyfully in sharing Christ with everyone.  Also the worship is full of the Holy Spirit (Espiritu Santo).

I am very excited that this weekend Wayne is coming with Doug Enoch, an architect in TN who will be doing the drawings for the new building.  God is working on the project and I am excited to have a front row seat to see it come together.  Then 5 days later, the Crossroads Team will be coming to Leticia!  I can´t wait to see my family again.  The kids here are joining me in praying for this team as they prepare to come.  My prayer for them is that everything that is on God´s agenda for the week is accomplished and nothing less.

Please join me in praying for Leticia and the people here.  Pray for them to see worth in themselves.  There is much depression and poverty and hopelessness here and God has an answer to them.  I pray that they come to know that answer.  

 

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady, sorry about the laptop! But if you are gonna lose one its best when its because of a hug.

    Lord encourage you and keep you as you trust and love on His kids. Praying for ya, thanks for the update!

    Blessings!
    - Jason

    ReplyDelete