Friday, May 4, 2012

Wow!  This has been an incredible week.  I have returned "home" and have not stopped since the plane landed.  In the 7 days that I have been here, I have slept in 6 different places, and God has been so good through all of it. 

For those of you who have been praying for a good home for my cat, Safie, you may check this off of your prayer list.  She will be staying with my "Aunt Jean".   I have known Jean since I was 7 years old.  She is a former foster parent and now she gets the chance to foster my "baby".  I got to visit both of them this week and things seem to be doing well and they are good companions for each other.

I also got to see my grandmother this week.  It was wonderful to get to see her and share a couple of days with her.  It was very difficult to say good-bye to her.  She is 95 years old and I do not know if I will see her again so it was hard for both of us when I left.

On a much happier note, I have wonderful friends who have been such a big help to me.  I have to thank  Anthony West, Rob Neely, and Kevin Blackburn for helping me to learn how to upload videos to the Internet.  Thank you guys for your patience with me, and watch out for the videos to come.

It has been really to get around to everyone this week to share my "see you laters", so if I have not had time to see you and say good-bye come by and see me this Sunday at Crossroads Church (220 George W. Liles Parkway, Concord, NC).  The church family will pray over me in each of the 3 services (8:30, 9:45, and 11:11). 

Finally I will fly out of the airport in Charlotte on Monday at 1:45 pm.   I will leave the church at 11:00am, so come and see me off if you like.



1 comment:

  1. Angie,
    It was difficult saying goodbye today, knowing that I will see you again and that I will be back to Leticia is a comfort but that did not help today. My heart was heavy all day due to my loss of a good friend, but also very happy and exited for you. This evening I was looking for some comfort and as you know God is Good all the time. I opened to Ecclesiastes 11:1-6 it starts our with "Send your grain across the seas" well that hit the nail on the head. In the commentary it states that Solomon summarizes that life involves both risk and opportunity. I am telling you God is all over this one giving me more peace as I read on he also goes on to say that we need the spirit of trust and adventure, facing life's risks and opportunites with God-directed enthusiasm and Faith. Girlfriend you are this chapter and you are living it. Keep in touch and keep me informed on how your new adventure is moving you forward. Love you Missy

    ReplyDelete