Thursday, October 4, 2012

Monkey See...Monkey Do!


We have had a great week here in La Aljaba.  The Mayor of Leticia has given approval for the children and youth of La Aljaba to swim in the public pool every week.  The kids are loving this as it gives them a much needed break from the heat of the sun.  The younger ones have very much enjoyed learning to swim.  They are pulled around the sides of the pool by a rope.  This however limits them to only the edges.  As I was joining them one day, I began taking them one by one into the middle of the pool as they clung to me for dear life.  They very much enjoyed this, but were very impatient in waiting for me on the edge of the pool.  At one point they all jumped into my arms to be carried accross the pool.  Later in the week as the teenagers at the house were looking through my pictures they realized a very surprising similarity between the pictures of me with the children and the pictures of me with the monkeys on monkey island.  See for yourself and enjoy a good laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment